QUALITY & CERTIFICATION
How does Australian Pipeline Valve (APV) manufacture valves that offer superior performance and service life? The answer is “Total Quality Commitment” Since its founding, APV’s philosophy has been focused on quality. Our valves are manufactured in full compliance with worldwide standards (such as ASME section III, ANSI B16, API600, API6A, API6D, API602, API607, ISO, DIN, BS, AS).
Every APV valve is subjected to hydrostatic and pneumatic testing before leaving the factory to help ensure problems won’t arise in the field.
"Quality Commitment - Our aim is to offer products and services which not only meet but also clearly exceed the expectations of our clients."
QA REQUIREMENTS COVERED
- Fully guaranteed with warranty and full factory material and test certification
- $20 million Product liability insurance
- Applicable quality assurance
- Applicable manufacturers data sheets
- In compliance with required standards and approvals
- $1 million worldwide transport insurance
Full product documentation, commissioning and maintenance instructions are available. Detailed drawings can be supplied.
Certifications for various requirements complying to recognised international standards can be supplied for all APV valves. Special witnessing and third party inspection can be arranged. Full metallurgical material and test certification is supplied on body and major trim components to EN 10204-3.1 (DIN 50049.31). NDT such as dye penetrant and ultrasonic testing is also performed as required.
Major Contracts & Projects
Project activity is handled by worldwide sales master distributor - Global Supply Line Pty Ltd. Our products comply with international standards and client project specifications, including actuation and controls, special testing, painting, tagging and packing. In fact we offer the complete valve supply package, including documentation in electronic format and shipment to sites worldwide. A dedicated expediting department compliments the service given to our customers by providing delivery plans and ensuring timely despatch of product.
STANDARD MATERIAL AND TEST CERTIFICATION
- HYDROSTATIC TEST CERTIFICATE to API-598 or API6D
- INSPECTION TO MSS-SP55
- FULL MATERIAL CERTIFICATE to DIN 50049.3.1/ EN1004.3.1
- FULL WARRANTY
DYE PENETRANT TEST by accredited test lab to
MSS SP-93 ANSI B16.34-Annex D and other requirements.
- MAGNETIC PARTICLE TEST by accredited test lab
to MSS SP-53 and alloy verification
- TRACEABILITY ON SPARE PARTS
- TAG NUMBER, SERIAL NUMBER (metal tagged)
LLOYDS/ DNV witness of test and/ or valve
- CHARPIES IMPACT TEST (if applicable)
- MAINTENANCE/ REPAIR MANUAL
= As required
POINTS OF DIFFERENCE
Quality points of difference Gate, Globe & Check Valves
APV cast stainless gate valves are generally supplied in heavy wall API600 in most sizes. All stainless steel gate and globe valves have an A439 D2C austenitic stainless steel stem nut and a 410SS upper bearing gland unlike other manufacturers who use a bronze nut and carbon steel gland. Furthermore, all external top works parts of all APV valves are stainless steel or zinc plated.
APV cast gate, globe & check valves and API 594 wafer check valves have a lower leakage acceptance criteria than allowable under API598. Seat leakage rates on APV cast API 600/ API 603/ ASME B16.34/ BS1873/ BS1868 gate, globe and check valves is at least 50% lower seat leakage than allowed as per the API 598 standard for metal seated check valves. API 594 dual flap and single flap wafer check valves - the seat leakage rate is 50% lower than is allowed under the API598 standard for metal seated check valves. API 594 resilient seated wafer check valves are tested to drip tight shut off. As resilient seated wafer check valves are not covered under API 594 or ISO 5208 many manufacturers only test in accordance with the metal seated leakage rate. However, APV Supercheck resilient seated check valves are all tested to leak tight shut off.
For ease of operation in larger sizes and higher classes, APV globe valves have 2 stage equalibriated discs facilitating opening and closing and reducing cavitation damage caused by sudden/ high velocity of media.
APV forged gate, globe & check valves have integral flanges as standard up to 2500 class. Where weld-on flanges are used, they are full penetration v-prep welded and dye penetrant tested.
ASTM A216 permits maximum carbon content of 0.30% for grade WCB but APV only allows 0.25% maximum.
Selected APV alloy steel body ball, gate, globe & check valves supplied are fitted with a triple composite body gasket seal system incorporating a 316 stainless steel spiral wound compressed graphite filled body gasket in addition to an integral PTFE inner seal ring. This body sealing system ensures a firesafe seal in additional to all the chemical resistant capabilities that a PTFE inner seal ring will provide. The APV body gasket system is superior to typical graphite and even graphite plus viton seal (in the case of ball valves) systems that have a disadvantage in terms of the reduced range of chemical resistance of viton and graphite, but also viton has a reduced temperature range compared to PTFE. Many competitors only have a single graphite seal which has inferior leak resistant properties and will not meet fugitive emission requirements.
APV also manufacture speciality products which includes styles, types and sizes not produced
by many larger manufacturers.
FUGITIVE EMISSION CERTIFICATION
ENDURANCE RELIABILITY CERTIFICATION
AGA APPROVAL CERTIFICATION
API598 Gate Valve Test Acceptance Criteria
API6D Ball & Plug Valve Inspection & Test Procedure
Document Control List
Final Valve Inspection Procedure
Standard Inspection & Test Plan for API6D Valves
Standard Quality Assurance Certification
DRAWINGS & CERTIFICATES
Examples of Standard Drawings
APV API 6A Valves & Chokes
APV ASME API Ball & Plug Valves
APV ASME API Gate, Globe & Check Valves
Flowturn Sight Glasses/Strainers/Needle Valves/3 Way Ball
Flowturn/Uniflo Iron Gate, Globe, Swing Check & Diaphragm Valves
Steamco Steam Valves
Supercheck Wafer Check Valves
Superseal Butterfly Valves HP & Lined
Torqturn/Diamond Gear Actuators & Gearboxes
• API RP 591 - Process Valve Qualification Procedure
• API 594 - Check Valves - Flanged, Lug, Wafer and Butt-weld
• API 598 - Valve Inspection & Testing
• API 600 - Bolted Bonnet Steel Gate Valves for Petroleum refinery & related applications
• API 602 - Forged Steel Gate, Globe & Check Valves for sizes DN100 & smaller for
Petroleum & Natural Gas industries
• API 603 - Corrosion-Resistant, Bolted Bonnet Gate Valves-Flanged & Butt-Welding Ends
• API 608 - Metal Ball Valves, Flanged, Threaded & Welding Ends
• API 609 - Butterfly Valves - Double flanged, Lug & Wafer Type
• API 623 - Bolted Bonnet Globe Valves for Petroleum refinery & related applications
• API 6D - Specification for Pipeline Valve
• API Q1 - Specification for Quality Programs for the Petroleum, Petrochemical
& Natural Gas
• API 6A - Specification for Wellhead Equipment
• ASME/ANSI B 16.5 - Steel Pipe Flanges and Flanged Fittings
• ASME/ANSI B 16.10 - Face-to-Face and End-to-End Dimensions of Ferrous Valves
• ASME/ANSI B 16.25 - Butt-Welding Ends
• ASME/ANSI B 16.34 - Steel Valves
• NACE Std. MR 01.75 - SSC Resistant Metallic Materials for Oilfield Equipment
• BS 4504
• DIN/EN 1092-1
• JIS B2220
• ISO 7005-1
• AS 2129
• AS 4087
• AS 4331
"Australian Pipeline Valve provides isolation, control and flow reversal protection products
for critical and severe service media in steam, utility, oil and gas and process pipelines."